Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What's a 14er?


Colorado has more than 50 mountains that exceed 14,000 ft. elevation. Hiking to the summit of one of these mountains is known as a 14er. My two daughters, Marlene and Danielle who live in Colorado, have spent a number of their off days from work doing just that. Why do they do it? Well, of course, because they're there but also to get a lot of cool pictures. I thought I'd share a few with you.

Oh, and by the way girls, there're a dozen 14,000+ ft. peaks right here in California. 

P. S. I can't take any credit for these photos since I live in California and
besides, I have arthritic feet. My daughters and their friends took these pictures. 

1 comment:

cathlene#35 said...

Suzanne,

While it is their pictures, they obviously learned something from you!