Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm Back!

Hi Everyone,
In case any of you have been wondering why I haven't posted in more than two months, I have no specific excuse...just been really busy with other things. I do not consider myself a writer in any way. I feel I can say all I'd like to say with my images. I hope you get my message.

Summer has begun with marvelous weather here in Southern California. Flowers are everywhere and I've been photographing them with a passion. There are Bougainvillea everywhere in our yard and they make very convenient subject matter. Here are a few examples.

This is the Barbara Karst wariety but I prefer to call it Cherry Red. The flowers are
actually the tiny white blooms; the red surrounding them are called bracts.


I call this image Scarlet Hearts.

I love how these bracts catch the morning sunlight so beautifully.

My neighbors gate makes a heart shaped background for this San Diego
variety, so I call this image Hearts and Flowers.

No comments: